The Garland Housing Agency assists low and moderate income families by placing them in privately owned apartments, houses and other residential dwellings, while paying only a proportionate share of their income for rent. The programs administered by the Garland Housing Agency include:
- Family Self-Sufficiency
- Housing Choice Voucher Home Ownership
- Housing Inspections
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher
Our goal is to provide individuals with opportunities to improve themselves and the lives of their families.
EFFECTIVE SEPT. 8, 2020
Our front desk will be available between the hours 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. If entering the building, you will be asked to wear a mask per Governor Abbotts' order, unless you have an underlying medical condition.If you are unable to wear a mask, we encourage you to utilize www.assistancecheck.com to conduct business with our agency.
Although our building is open, the following policies will remain in effect:
- Annual Re-certifications will be processed online through www. assistancecheck.com.
- Changes of family composition and income should be reported through www.assistancecheck.com.
- Staff will still be working remotely and www.assistancecheck.com will remain the primary methods of communication. Please email your case manager with any questions.to meet with you unless you have made an appointment. Email and
- Documents can also be faxed or mailed to the following fax or address noted below:
We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to maintain services without interruption.